Some repair jobs were just meant for the professionals. Do you enjoy getting dirty underneath your car by changing your oil and doing other minor odds and ends yourself? That’s great, and we applaud…Read More
Belts and Hoses
The belts and hoses in your vehicle wear out faster than any other component in your car when they are exposed to heat, vibration and contamination. This is one reason why regular inspections and maintenance are so important. Here are the belt and hose types in your car, along with their applications.
Accessory Drive Belts
While some accessories in your car are electrically powered by the charging system, others use the engine itself as their power source. The power for these accessories is delivered by a system of pulleys and belts. Examples of these accessories are:
- Water pump for engine cooling
- Power steering pump
- Air conditioning compressor
- Radiator cooling fan
- Many late model cars use a single serpentine belt in place of individual belts to drive these accessories.
The hoses that convey your car’s fluids are made of two rubber layers with a layer of fabric in between. Typical hoses include:
- Radiator and heater hoses: These hoses convey coolant to the engine and heater core.
- Fuel hose: As the name implies, this hose transports gasoline from the tank to the engine.
- Power steering hose: It connects the power steering pump to the steering gear.
If you are experiencing issues with your vehicle’s belts and hoses or you simply need a belt replacement, contact our experienced professionals today for the best auto repair services in Orange County. We are located on West Barkley Avenue in Orange and look forward to working with you soon!